Empowered Childbirth Series
Know your Choices
This comprehensive childbirth class will teach you all you need to know to feel prepared this upcoming journey to birthing your baby. Our Empowered Childbirth Series is especially helpful for women interested in natural childbirth; however, the information is valuable and applicable for all birth experiences in any setting. These classes are excellent no matter where you plan to birth. This 4 part class is limited to 7 couples to allow for discussion and personal attention.
Class topics include:
• Pregnancy anatomy and physiology
• When to call your provider
• Stages and phases of labor
• Measuring labor progress
• Tips and hints for achieving natural birth
• Positions for labor and birth
• Medical pain management for labor and birth
• Avoiding pain medication & making your best decision
• Partner support
• Coping techniques including:
• Relaxation, breathing, attention focusing, visualization, use of birth ball, positions, rebozo, and more!
This is a four-part class designed to be taken during the third trimester of pregnancy, typically beginning between 28-32 weeks.
This class is brought to you by Family Centered Birth Services. All classes are taught by certified doulas and follow the ICEA philosophy:
“Freedom of choice based on knowledge of alternatives” and focus on providing parents with a variety of resources to help prepare both physically and emotionally so that they can make the choices that are right for them."
This class will be offered Jan 19 - Feb 9, March 8 - 29, and April 19 - May 10.
Fee: $160.00 for mom and 1 support person
To register, CLICK HERE